Northwest Rural Public Power District offers a payment option that gives you more control over your bill payments than ever before. With our prepaid electric service program, participating customers can pay whatever they want, whenever they want as long as credit remains on the account.
How does it work?
With the program, you can purchase your electricity before you use it. You could purchase small amounts every few days and not worry about it for a week or two. When your supply is low, you simply purchase more.
Your electric usage is calculated daily, and when the credits in your account are running low, we will contact you via text message, email, or through SmartHub to let you know it’s time for you to add funds to your account. Payments can be made online and over the phone 365 days a year, 24/7.
What are the benefits?
- No more deposits required
- No more monthly electric bills
- No more late payment charges or disconnect/reconnect fees – If a customer accidentally lets his or her account reach $0, there are no extra fees. The member is reconnected as soon as he/she pays the outstanding balance, plus $20 for future electricity usage.
- Direct control of your energy budget
- Online account access through the SmartHub web portal and via SmartHub mobile apps on your iPhone, iPad, or Android mobile device
- Pay on your own schedule – By joining the program, you are no longer bound by the monthly payment due date. This is especially convenient for those who don’t receive their paychecks until after the 20th.
- Save money and energy – Prepaid service participants gain a better understanding of how the electricity they use day to day affects their wallets. As a result, participants in similar programs across the country have typically seen a 10-12% reduction in their monthly electricity costs!
How can I sign up?
Contact the NRPPD office at 308-638-4445 for more info or to sign up.