Electric Motor Rebates
2020 Energy Efficiency Credit Program:
Northwest Rural Public Power District and Tri-State G&T Association, our power supplier, offer rebates through our Energy Efficiency Credit Program to our customers who install energy-efficient electric motors. Rebates must be requested within 120 days of installation.
Irrigation Motors – Tri-State's Contribution
- Premium Efficiency Motor, (10 to 500) hp: $8/hp
- Wiring Assistance: $1.50/hp
*Note: Assistance if the motor replaces a fossil-fueled engine, or is a new installation
Irrigation Motors – Northwest Rural's Contribution
- Premium Efficiency Motor, (10 to 500 hp): $2/hp
Applies to the installation of a new motor with a minimum of 10 horsepower, which is to operate at a minimum of 15% load factor or for a minimum of three months each year. Motors less than 10 horsepower qualify if the aggregate for a single application which requires all motors to operate, is at least 10 horsepower.
- Payment requires a copy of the invoice or bill of sale.
Note: Motors taken from customer's stock qualify as follows:
- If the invoice is less than 120 days old, motor qualifies for the appropriate efficiency payment.
- Customer must certify that the motor is new and neither re-wound or moved from another location .
- Note: Rebates must be requested within 120 days of installation